NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023/2024
NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023 – See Details of NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023
Scholarship is a grant or payment made to support a student’s education, awarded on the basis of academic or other achievement. See Also: NUST Zimbabwe Intake.
The Academic Authority of the NUST Zimbabwe has Scholarship programs for the 2023/2024 academic year.
DAAD In-Region Masters Scholarships Available for 2023 Academic year at the University of Pretoria
Introduction – NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023/2024
The DAAD German Academic Exchange Service awarded a grant for Masters scholarships to a consortium of seven African institutions. The seven institutions are:
- University of Buea (Cameroon)
- National University of Lesotho (Lesotho)
- University of Pretoria (South Africa)
- Copperbelt University (Zambia)
- University of Zambia (Zambia)
- University of Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
- National University of Science & Technology (Zimbabwe)
The main aim of the project is to strengthen the postgraduate programmes of the participating universities in the fields of agricultural and environmental studies. Hence, staff members of the partner institutions or prospective staff members (who would become eligible to be employed by the respective universities after completing their studies) are eligible to apply for the Masters degree scholarships. The participating universities (except the University of Pretoria) will select eligible candidates who will eventually be recommended for the DAAD scholarships. The recommended candidates will also apply for admission to the University of Pretoria (UP). The DAAD scholarships will cover tuition fees, travel costs (covers a return flight upon commencement and completion of the scholarship), accommodation, medical aid and subsistence.
List of masters degree programmes offered by the University of Pretoria (UP) NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023/2024
Applications are invited from qualified candidates in relevant disciplines (honours /associate degree or a four (4) years bachelor’s degree at the time of application) from Sub Saharan Africa. Female applicants, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Applicants to NUST should note that coursework MSc programmes are preferred by NUST for the purposes of this fellowship programme. In addition, those areas highlighted in red would receive higher priority in order to meet the future needs of NUST staff.
The MSc degree programmes offered by coursework are:
- MSc Environmental Ecology (Coursework)
- MSc Environmental Economics (Coursework)
- MSc Forest Management and the Environment (Coursework)
- MSc Water Resource Management (Coursework)
- MSc Environment and Society (Coursework)
- MSc Environmental Education (Coursework)
- MSc Environmental Management (Coursework)
- MScAgric Agricultural Economics (Coursework)
The MSc degree programmes offered by research are:
- MSc Animal Science / Wildlife Science
- MSc Biotechnology (Genetics)
- MSc Engineering and Environmental Geology Hydrogeology
- MSc Engineering and Environmental Geology
- MSc Environmental Society
- MSc Environmental Ecology
- MSc Environmental Education
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Food Science / Crop Science
- MSc Water Resource Management
- MScAgric Agricultural Extension
Application Procedure – NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023/2024
The application procedure will have three (3) stages. The first stage is the selection of eligible candidates by the participating universities (except UP). The second stage is the application for UP admission, which the selected candidates have to submit themselves on the UP online application system. The third stage is for candidates offered admission letters by UP to apply for DAAD scholarship through the DAAD online portal. For 2023 intake, four (4) Masters degree candidate from each partner university (except UP) will be awarded a DAAD scholarship to study for a MSc degree at UP for 2 years.
Partner Institutions Contacts
|UNIVERSITY||CONTACT PERSON||EMAIL ADDRESS|
|1||National University of Lesotho||Dr Manthoto Lephotoemail@example.com|
|2||University of Zimbabwe||Dr Rosemary Musesengwafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||National University of Science & Technology (NUST), Zimbabwe||Prof. Yogi Naikemail@example.com|
|4||University of Zambia||Prof Sichingabulafirstname.lastname@example.org
|Patricia Sakala, Manager, International Link, VC’s Officeemail@example.com|
|Prof Elana Mwasefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Copperbelt University, Zambia||Prof Jameson Mbaleemail@example.com|
|Dr Shadreck Chamafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Professor Naison Ngoma (VC)||email@example.com|
|6||University of Buea, Cameroon||Prof Eric Achidifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Selection of eligible candidates by partner institutions (excluding UP)
- UP to distribute the call for applications to partner institutions.
- Partner institutions to advertise the scholarships on their websites, using posters and any medium of communication in their respective institutions.
- Eligible candidates should be employees of the
- partner institution or should be employable by partner institution upon completion of their studies.
- Each partner institution is to set up a selection committee comprising of at least five (5) members.
- Applicants are to apply to the partner institutions in their respective countries.
- Applicants are to submit brief (2 to 3 pages) but detailed and precise MSc proposals, including detailed breakdown of the work for the 1st and 2nd year of study to their respective national institutions. Applicants for MSc coursework need to provide a proposal for the project they will undertake (for their dissertation) during the 2nd year of study.
- Each partner institution is to select and recommend eight (8) candidates to be submitted together with their MSc research proposals to UP.
- Minutes from partner institution’s selection committee to be submitted to UP.
- Upon receiving the eight (8) recommended candidates per partner institution, UP to recommend four (4) candidates per partner institution through consultation with the relevant Faculties.
- UP to submit the recommended candidates’ names to DAAD (four (4) recommended candidates per partner institution).
- UP to notify the recommended candidates (four (4) per partner institution) to apply for UP admission online.
Application for admission to UP by selected candidates
The four (4) candidates selected per partner institution are to apply online for UP admission.
- In addition to the General Regulations G.1.3 G.30 and G.62 an appropriate BScHons degree, with a final grade point average of 60%, is a prerequisite for admission. Additional requirements and conditions may be prescribed by the Dean on the recommendation of the supervisor, head of department and/or Postgraduate Studies Committee. Applicants are required to familiarise themselves with the General Regulations regarding maximum period of registration and requirements on the submission of a draft article for publication.
- Preference will be given to applicants with the highest final grade point averages for their preceding degree and qualifying applicants may be subjected to an entrance evaluation examination. Admission is furthermore contingent on the availability of supervisors and/or research projects within the participating departments.
- Applicants to concurrently submit their qualification to South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) for evaluation. The link for SAQA is: http://www.saqa.org.za/
- Candidates to indicate on the online application whether they require UP accommodation or not
- The University of Pretoria to send letters of admission to successful candidates.
Application for DAAD scholarships by the recommended candidates
- The complete application documents should be submitted to DAAD by the recommended candidates (four (4) per partner institution) via the DAAD – Portal no later than two (2) weeks after the link to the DAAD portal is distributed to candidates by UP.
Documents to be submitted are:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu), including a list of publication (if applicable)
- Two (2) recommendation letters by University teachers
- Letter of admission from the University of Pretoria
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport
- Applicants should have successfully completed an honours /associate university degree or a four (4) years university bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants to submit a strong motivational letter indicating why they think they are the best suitable candidates for the scholarship.
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- The applicants must be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country, excluding South Africa.
- DAAD will select two (2) candidates out of the four (4) recommended candidates per partner institution.
DAAD In-Country /In-Region scholarship holders are also encouraged to apply for a research grant in Germany for two (2) up to six (6) months, if the necessary financial means are available. Please note: The short-term research stay in Germany should preferably be announced in the application for the regular scholarship.
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- A monthly scholarship payment for living costs which amounts to 1,000 € per month
- Health/accident/personal liability insurance
- A flat-rate travel allowance
All further details regarding additional benefits and the additional application processes will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
- Partner institutions advertise the DAAD scholarship opportunities by 17 July 2018
- All applications for DAAD scholarships must be received by the six (6) partner universities (University of Buea (Cameroon), Copperbelt University (Zambia), University of Zambia, National University of Science & Technology (Zimbabwe), University of Zimbabwe, and National University of Lesotho) by 27 July 2018
- Selection Committees at the six partner universities will complete their shortlisting process and submit recommended candidates (eight (8) candidates per university) to the University of Pretoria by 10 August 2018
- The University of Pretoria will complete the their shortlisting process and inform recommended candidates (four (4) candidates per university) through their national universities by 17 August 2018
- UP submits recommended candidates (four per partner institution) to DAAD.
- The recommended candidates should apply online to the University of Pretoria for admission by 20 August 2018
- DAAD will send the DAAD scholarship application portal link to the University of Pretoria by 22 August 2018
- The University of Pretoria will send the DAAD Scholarship application portal link to the recommended candidates by 24 August 2018
- The recommended candidates should apply for DAAD scholarships through the application portal link by 15 September 2018
- DAAD will award the scholarships to successful candidates (2 per university).
- The university of Pretoria will facilitate visa application process and arrangements for the scholarship awardees to travel to South Africa to start their MSc studies
The DAAD Doctoral scholarship – NUST Zimbabwe Scholarships 2023/2024
The MSc Scholarships are available for a period of two years beginning in 2023. The scholarships will be initially granted for one year and will be extended subject to satisfactory progress reports submitted to the DAAD secretariat by the scholarship holder
Notes for applicants to NUST
- Applications MUST be received by 1200 noon on 27 July 2018.
- Selected applicants will be required to attend an interview between 01 and 08 August 2018.
- Successful applicants will be required to return to NUST and teach undergraduate courses in a relevant department upon completion of their studies.
Applications should be sent via email as an attachment to:
National University of Science & Technology
At email address: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly share with us your comments and suggestions by filling the comment box below. We shall respond to you ASAP