Financial Controller Job Vacancy in Zimbabwe 2019
Financial Controller Job Vacancy in Zimbabwe; FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Overview of the role
The Financial Controller Zimbabwe is responsible for the financial management, internal control systems, management of funds, and reporting requirements of the organisation. In particular the successful candidate will ensure timely submission of required donors reports, monthly management accounts to GOAL Dublin, statutory reports and other ad hoc reporting to relevant authorities, as well as budget preparation and monitoring of the programme. As a key member of the senior management team, the Financial Controller will contribute to the overall development and running of the country programme.
People Management and SMT membership
- Report directly to Country Director in country, maintaining oversight of the GOAL Zimbabwe finances. Work closely with the Finance Director in Dublin and other SMT members in country to provide guidance and oversight of the finance function as well as coordination with GOAL Honduras and other activities within the region.
- Providing leadership, direction and capacity building support for the in-country Finance Team.
- Providing training and support to financial and non-financial staff regarding GOAL’s financial procedures and internal controls, and programme management tools.
- Ensuring GOALs values and policies, including accountability and equality, are reflected in the work of the Finance Team.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for approval by Country Director for submission to Dublin adhering to the strict reporting deadlines as set by the Global Finance Director.
- Ensure proper financial systems, in the office and in the field offices (both GOAL’s and its partners) are in place and implemented to accurately record all expenditure.
- Liaise with legal advisers in Zimbabwe and HQ, as well as with local accountants & auditors relating to GOAL Zimbabwe reporting and tax payments.
- Ensure compliance with GOAL’s standard accounting procedures and policies across the Haiti programme and actively monitor internal controls to minimise risk to the organisation. In particular ensure appropriate cash management procedures are in place and operating effectively.
- Ensure preparation and retention of documentation to facilitate the annual external audit, donor audits, internal audits and revenue audits.
- Review monthly and quarterly donor status reporting for submission to GOAL Head Office, Dublin, adhering to strict deadlines.
- Oversee all cash management, including cash counts and cash transfers to field sites and partners in cooperation with the Programmes & Logistics team ensure that GOAL Zimbabwe is in compliance with all relevant donor and internal guidelines.
- Maintain and keep updated Zimbabwe Finance Manual with any approved exceptions to the standard GOAL worldwide Finance Manual, including a summarised and simplified finance and logistics manual for use by project managers and other field based staff.
- Ensure cost allocations basis among donors are reasonable in line with GOAL recommended methods.
- Review financial reporting to donors and other regulatory bodies, adhering to strict deadlines, coordinating with local legal and accounting advisors as appropriate.
- Review the financial sections of donor proposals, budgets and reports.
- Review GOAL annual and quarterly rolling budgets.
- Monitor and assist program managers with the financial management of programme budgets including expenditure forecasting, and ensuring the Budget Monitoring Tool (BMT) is completed in a timely manner.
Improving financial capacity
- Manage/supervise and work closely with local financial, administrative and partner staff.
- Managing and building capacity on financial systems for GOAL partners and GOAL Haiti staff.
- Reviewing MOUs and contracts for suppliers and vendors engaged with the programme.
- Responsibility for ensuring local compliance with the employee tax deductions, that all relevant statutory deductions are made from the employees’ salaries and paid out to the appropriate authorities, coordinating with local legal, accounting and human resource advisors as appropriate.
- Provide support to human resources on personnel and staff issues which have financial implications.
Any other duties as mutually agreed with the Country Director, Regional Director and the GOAL Global Finance Director.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Qualified accountant. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent.
- At least five years’ experience, with at least one of these overseas.
- At least one year’s team management experience.
- Willingness and ability to work in a pressurised environment, producing work of high quality to strict deadlines.
- Experience in dealing with institutional donors such as DFID, USAID, EU, UN, development banks, private foundations. Familiarity with donor rules and regulations (Particularly EU, USAID).
- Flexible and reliable, with excellent interpersonal, motivational and management skills.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills (English).
- Strong IT skills and systems experience – Advanced Excel experience and SAGE experience is highly desirable.
- Strong experience liaising with governmental/local authorities and other NGOs.
- Be culturally sensitive and empathic to others, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
How to apply
To apply CLICK HERE